I am a day late getting to this post (as per usual for me), but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays – whatever it is you celebrate, it is surely a wonderful time of year. Even this year! I found ways to make my holiday count this year, despite the circumstances! This recipe by Hershey’s was DEFINITELY one of them!
Holiday Red Raspberry Bars
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter or margarine
- 1 jar (12 oz) seedless red raspberry jam’
- 1 ⅔ cups HERSHEY’s Milk Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES Milk Chocolates
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Stir together flour, sugar, pecans, and egg in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan. Stir jam to soften; carefully spread crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Crumble reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars
Voila! I opted to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of mine, it was very tasty! Enjoy! Don’t forget to tag me @LeeWolseyPhotos when you make them! 🙂